Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Journal of Athlete Development and Experience
The mission of the Journal of Athlete Development and Experience (JADE) is to advance, promote, and disseminate original empirical research surrounding athlete experience and development both in the United States and abroad. Accordingly, manuscripts that are timely, innovative, and make a strong contribution to the sport industry and academic field will be considered for publication.
All manuscripts should be innovative and offer insight into athlete development and the athlete experience. The scholarship published in JADE is intended for both an academic and a practitioner audience. As such, the authors should avoid using technical jargon when possible.
All submissions should adhere to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association 7th edition author guidelines. Manuscripts should be double spaced, use 12pt, Times New Roman font, and utilize one-inch margins on all sides of the document.
Each manuscript must be accompanied by a one-paragraph abstract (200 words or less). Please number the pages and use lines throughout the manuscript, including the references. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted information and materials. All illustrations, figures, and tables should be placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Manuscripts should typically be 20-30 pages in length, including tables, figures and references. However, shorter and longer manuscripts will be reviewed. We recognize that some subjects require more background information to be presented and certain methodologies require a longer results section to adequately present all of the data. Please contact the editors if you have any questions.
JADE utilizes a double blind review process. The editors reserve the right to desk reject manuscripts without full review if the submission does not comply with the editorial and scholarly standards of JADE.
Manuscript files (Microsoft Word format only) should be submitted using the online submission form.
When the submitted manuscript has been accepted with minor revisions or received a revised and resubmit review, the Editors will send the manuscript to our professional panel of reviewers. The point of this is to ensure there is a practical element to the manuscript that is readable and helpful to those in the industry who are working with athletes.
Possible Submission Topics:
Submissions should focus around of theme of athlete development and experiences. Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Nutrition, Healthy Eating and Disordered Eating
- Health, Injury and Recovery
- Personal Safety and Risk Factors
- Substance Use and Abuse
- Mental Skills for Athletic Performance
- Predictors of Success in Sport
- Skill Acquisitions and Expertise
- Financial Education and Literacy
- Career Development for Elite and Professional Athletes
- Leveraging Sports: Transitions In and Out of Sport
- Character and Leadership Development
- Mental and Emotional Health
- Media Use, Education and Literacy
- Athlete Identity
- Support Services for Athletes
- Sports Psychology and Athlete Development
- Race, Gender, Identity, Culture, and Sports
- Social Justice, Activism, and Sports
- Coaching and Athlete Development: Participation and Performance