- Philosophy of International Journal of Playwork Practice
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Editorial Policy
- Rights for Authors and ScholarWorks@BGSU
Philosophy of International Journal of Playwork Practice
For more information, please see International Journal of Playwork Practice Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in International Journal of Playwork Practice provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to International Journal of Playwork Practice, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at International Journal of Playwork Practice. If you have concerns about the submission terms for International Journal of Playwork Practice, please contact the editors.
See Guidelines for Authors for details.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
- The Editor has the right to determine whether articles are published either in part, whole or at all.
- We do not offer payment to organisations or individuals which submit articles to International Journal of Playwork Practice.
- Peer-review policy - all papers are refereed by the Editorial Team and at least two reviewers, one of whom will be an expert in the subject area of the paper and one a playwork scholar.
- Practitioner articles - all practitioner articles are reviewed by the Editorial Team and at least one playwork scholar when appropriate to ensure suitability for publication.
- Articles may include photos only when they illustrate key points in the text. Contributors must take all steps to ensure that any photos or illustrations can be used for reproduction - that relevant permissions have been granted and that no prior copyright restrictions exist. The publishers can take no responsibility for ensuring that submitted illustrations/photos have permission granted and any complaints in this matter will be referred directly to the contributor.
Rights for Authors and Attribution and Usage Policies
International Journal of Playwork Practice is an open access publication. Authors retain the copyright for their content published in International Journal of Playwork Practice and license their work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the ScholarWorks@BGSU website and/or software agree not to misuse the ScholarWorks@BGSU service or software in any way.
The failure of ScholarWorks@BGSU to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between ScholarWorks@BGSU and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.