Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
This document provides details on typesetting and layout requirements pertaining to final manuscript submission to Mid-Western Educational Researcher.
- Manuscripts should follow the most recent version of APA style.
- The manuscript should begin with a title page that does NOT include author names or affiliations.
- Mask author names, identifying locations, etc. throughout the manuscript
- The reference section should NOT include references to the authors' publications, even when they are cited in text.
- Submit your manuscript, including APA style tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single file (Word, RTF, or PDF files are accepted).
- If figures are included, use high-resolution figures, preferably encoded as encapsulated PostScript (eps).
Because this journal publishes electronically, page limits are less stringent. For feature articles, we recommend a target page range of 25-35 pages, exclusive of references and appendices.
Consider accessibility in formatting manuscripts. Color should not be the only distinguishing feature in tables and figures (patterns, for example, should also be used). Manuscripts should be readable by assistive technology. Tables, figures, and images should be described.